Michael Jackson paid off abuse victims - report
Monday 1 Jul 2013 9:23 a.m.
Michael Jackson (Reuters)
Michael Jackson reportedly paid off alleged sexual abuse victims.
Apparently the late musician gave funds to the families of those claiming to have been molested by him.
Reports, phone call transcripts and audio tapes provided by an investigator details detail that he may have paid off those threatening legal action.
“It showed at least two dozen children were given money to stay quiet – which came to around - $35million,” the investigator told British newspaper People.
“Wade Robson was one of the kids identified as a victim while our reports show many others were paid off before their names even emerged.”
Apparently the total included around $20 million to Jordan Chandler.
The investigator was hired in 1993 by Jordan’s father after the 13-year-old revealed he was abused.
“I haven’t released this now to upset Michael’s children, who haven’t done anything wrong,” the investigator added.
“But when Wade [Robson]’s case was announced, I felt it was time the public knew what information had been collected, what the authorities have – and what has never been released.”
The documents were said to be provided to the FBI as part of an investigation into Anthony Pellicano.
It names 17 boys, including five child actors and two dancers, who Michael allegedly abused.
Wade, who is now 30, told a Los Angeles court that the performer made his first sexual advances in the star’s bedroom in 1990.
Michael passed away in 2009 aged 50.