Any updates on the investigation of the collapse of Christchurch's CTV building will have to wait until 2016, police say.
The six-storey, 25-year-old building crumpled within seconds and caught fire following the 6.3-magnitude earthquake on February 22, 2011. Sixty-five foreign students were among the 115 killed in the building.
Subsequent investigations revealed it was not built to standards of the time and last year police began looking at the possibility of criminal charges.
A physical re-build was necessary in order to test critical elements of the building structure, police said.
Full analysis of the testing should be available in early 2016.
The police have interviewed more than 100 witnesses and executed several search warrants as part of the investigation, Detective Superintendent Peter Read said.
"Once all the relevant information is to hand, police will be in a position to make final decisions regarding any criminal culpability," he said.
Police expect to give a further update in the first quarter of 2016.