No New Zealanders have been caught up in a bomb blast that has killed five people in the Turkish capital of Istanbul, authorities say.
Five people are dead and at least 30 others are injured following a suicide bombing near a government building in a busy area of the city on Saturday night (NZT).
A spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade said today no Kiwis had been injured in the explosion.
He said about 100 New Zealanders were believed to be in the country at the time.
The ministry has updated its travel advisory for the area, saying there is a "significant threat of terrorism".
"Terrorist attacks have been regularly carried out in the south-east; more recently attacks have occurred in Ankara and Istanbul, and could occur in other parts of the country, including, Izmir, Adana, other major centres, tourist areas and along the Mediterranean and Aegean coasts," it reads.
The ministry said the blast was the fourth in the country this year.