Child injured when barbecue explodes

  • 23/04/2016
Child injured when barbecue explodes

A child has burns to the arms from a barbecue explosion in west Auckland.

Emergency services were called to a house on Choice Ave in Henderson shortly before 4pm today, fire service northern communications centre shift manager Daniel Nicholson says.

A gas barbecue had exploded and one child had burns to the arms, he said.

Firefighters assisted with providing fire aid and paramedics attended.

The child was taken to Middlemore Hospital, St John ambulance said.

NZN