Tauranga house fire puts one in hospital

  • 06/06/2016
Tauranga house fire puts one in hospital

A person has been taken to hospital following a house fire in Tauranga.

The person suffered moderate injuries in the blaze in Welcome Bay's Cumberland Crescent just after 5am on Monday.

The house was well ablaze when firefighters were called, the fire service says. The cause hasn't yet been determined.

The victim was taken to Tauranga Hospital but St John was not able to disclose whether it was for smoke inhalation or burns.

NZN