Pike River families are calling a meeting they had with Solid Energy in Greymouth on Wednesday afternoon "a complete waste time".
Family members of the 29 Pike River miners hoped for good news after nearly two weeks of protest action over the insolvent state-owned enterprise's work to seal the West Coast mine permanently.
After the meeting, families spokesman Bernie Monk said Solid Energy "has shut the door on them" and that there are no plans to re-enter the mine.
Anna Osbourne, who lost her husband Milton in the mining disaster, says international and local mining experts believe the drift can be safely re-entered.
"I've personally had offers from mines rescue experts to crew it. The only thing standing in the way is the politics of who owns the mine."
Mr Monk says as result of Wednesday's meeting, the families will ramp up their protest action at the mine's gates.
Since families occupied the mine access road on November 12, workers and contractors have downed tools and work on sealing the mine has been stalled.
The Stand With Pike group says their sources indicate just a quarter of a metre of concrete is in place over the new stainless steel wall.
The Government plans to seal the mine opening with 30m of concrete.
Last week, Allied Concrete pulled out of its contract to seal the mine, saying it would refuse to do the work "until the dispute over re-entering the mine is resolved".
The decision was met with joy from the families.