Auckland man electrocuted at father's funeral

Isileli Palu was attending his father's funeral in Tonga when he was electrocuted.
Isileli Palu was attending his father's funeral in Tonga when he was electrocuted. Photo credit: Facebook

Tragedy has hit twice for a Tongan family who are now dealing with two deaths in the family within a week.

South Auckland man Isileli Palu was attending his father's funeral in Tonga when he was electrocuted while building fences for the gathering.

Tongan police confirmed the death saying Mr Palu, 36, died after hitting an electrical cord and was killed instantly.

Mr Palu's wife spoke of her heartbreak on Facebook.

"I can't stop thinking about you. You're my husband Isileli Palu but you not here looking after me I missing you all night."

Friends and family have been paying tribute to both Mr Palu and his father Sione online.

Maata Mafi, a relitave of Mr Palu posted a message of support on Facebook.

"No one can prepare you for a loss, it comes like a swift wind. The loss of a beloved father, husband & a loving brother."

Details of Mr Palu's funeral arrangements are yet to be released.

Newshub.