International visitors have given a big thumbs-up to New Zealand's Te Papa museum, ranking it among the top 25 museums in the world.
The national museum of New Zealand came 19th in the annual Traveler's Choice Awards as ranked by users of travel website TripAdvisor.
Others in the top 25 included New York's The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Musee d'Orsay in Paris, the State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace in St. Petersburg and London's Victoria and Albert Museum.
"This list puts us in very fine company globally," Te Papa chief executive Geraint Martin says.
He said Te Papa would celebrate 20 years since opening in 2018, with celebrations including the launch of a new art gallery space.
The top 10
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - New York City, New York
- The National WWII Museum - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Musée d'Orsay - Paris, France
- Art Institute of Chicago - Chicago, Illinois
- State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace - St. Petersburg, Russia
- The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum - New York City, New York
- National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia) - Mexico City, Mexico
- Acropolis Museum - Athens, Greece
- Prado National Museum - Madrid, Spain
- V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum - London, UK
NZN / Newshub.