Police have named the four people who died in a horror crash north of Taupō on Tuesday.
Two cars collided head-on on State Highway 1, injuring a further eight people, including a 10-month-old baby, who is now in a stable condition.
- Horror Taupō crash sees 4 killed, others seriously injured
- Taupō crash: Victim a newly ordained preacher, to give 'first sermon in heaven'
The four killed were:
- Helena Adele Paul, 56, of Kaikohe
- Hone Te Ahurei Hawkins-Kanuta, 5, of Kaikohe
- Leighton Phillip Ahuriri, 60, a New Zealander residing in West Australia
- Mele Ilisapi Oliveti (also known as Pesi Tuivai), 44, a Tongan national residing in Palmerston North
The first three were travelling in one vehicle, while Ms Oliveti was in the other.
Fourteen people have now died on roads since Friday and at least a dozen others have been seriously injured.
The national road toll for the year stands at 296, which is 44 greater than at the same time in 2016.