A brand of cheap wine has been recalled in Australia and New Zealand, due to a possible packaging fault that resulted in potentially hazardous shards of glass in the bottle.
Warburn Estate is recalling a series of their Gossips wine, a well-known cheap wine, currently available online at Countdown for $8.99.
The following bottles are affected:
- 2017 Rumours Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Rumours Pinot Grigio
- 2017 Rumours Chardonnay
- 2017 Rumours Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Rumours Moscato
- 2017 Gossips Chardonnay
- 2017 Gossips Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Gossips Moscato
- 2017 Gossips Pink Moscato
- 2017 Gossips Dolcetto and Syrah
- 2017 Gossips Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Wine Gang Sauvignon Blanc
- 2017 Warburn Estate Sangiovese Rose
The affected lot numbers are L17289 to L17328 and for Gossips Moscato only L17289 to L17327.
For more information, the recall notice can be found on the New Zealand Food Standards website.