Kevin Proctor weighing up big money move to Gold Coast Titans
New Zealand international Kevin Proctor is continuing to weigh up a big money offer to leave Melbourne Storm and return home to play with Gold Coast.
The Titans are believed to have tabled a $A1.5 million ($NZ1.6 million) three-year deal to the 27-year-old to leave the NRL grand finalists, despite him being contracted until the end of 2018.
In camp with the Kiwis preparing for the Four Nations tournament Proctor wasn't giving much away about his playing future.
"I've tried to let my manager do all the talking; I told him I just want to worry about footy and because we went up to the grand final, it's kind of been a delayed process," the second-rower said.
However his New Zealand and Melbourne teammate Jesse Bromwich didn't sound too confident of keeping Proctor at the Storm.
"Not good," Bromwich said when asked about what his talks with Proctor had been like.
"I hope he can stick around at Melbourne Storm ... I've played my whole career with him, so to see him go would be pretty sad because he's pretty close to me and my family, so I'm hoping we can keep him there but he's got to do what's best for him."
The Storm didn't want to comment on Proctor's contract situation and whether they would be prepared to release him when contacted on Wednesday.
Proctor, who recently became a father of two, has strong ties to the Gold Coast after meeting his partner Leesa at high school there.
It's understood he's torn between his loyalty to the Storm and relocating his young family closer to relatives.
He has played 179 games for the Storm, since making his first grade debut in 2008.