Woman’s fart sparks fire during surgery

(Getty)
(Getty)

A woman’s fart during surgery has been blamed for causing a fire at a Tokyo hospital.

According to Japanese newspaperThe Asahi Shimbun, the patient in her 30s was undergoing a cervical operation in April, when gas she passed ignited from the laser being applied to her cervix.

The resulting blaze burned much of her lower body.

A report by a panel of experts investigating the incident was released on October 28. It said there were no flammable materials in the room and all equipment was functioning normally. 

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report said.

Newshub.