British teen killed by a dodgy curry

Megan Lee died on the first day of 2017 (ITV/Lancashire Police)
Megan Lee died on the first day of 2017 (ITV/Lancashire Police)

A British teenage was killed by a curry served up by a mouse-infested restaurant, an inquest has heard.

An allergic reaction has been blamed for the death of Megan Lee, 15, after she ate at an Indian restaurant in England on December 30.

According to the Daily Mail, the teen died after a severe allergic reaction caused a fatal head injury after eating a meal from Royal Spice in the English county of Lancashire.

Ms Lee was taken to hospital after the allergic reaction before she died on New Year's Day.

The restaurant was issued with an emergency hygiene prohibition notice by the local council on January 6 and was closed down due to poor management and a suspected "infestation of mice".

It's understood two men, the takeaway owner and a business partner, have been charged with involuntary manslaughter following the death.

District coroner Michael Singleton said during the inquest, "I understand the likely cause of death to be a hypoxic brain injury due to cardiac arrest due to anaphylactic shock.

"I understand this is believed that it may relate to the purchase of a takeaway meal." 

Ms Lee's parents released a statement that read "[she] touched the hearts of everyone she ever met".

"Our hearts are shattered at the sudden loss of our beautiful daughter." 

An investigation is still ongoing and the coroner's inquest has been adjourned until March.

Newshub.