An Adelaide man's home has been rescued after it went up in flames - but his gratitude for emergency services was quickly extinguished when they discovered his marijuana plants.
Troy Bowers was frying a schnitzel for his dog Hugo, but had left the kitchen while it was cooking and a fire had broken out.
"We put the oil on and a couple of minutes later heard some crackling and went in and it was all on fire - smoke everywhere," he told 7 News.
Mr Bowers then rushed to get his wife and 18-month-old daughter out of the building, before rescuing his dogs Hugo and Poppy.
However, after fire fighters extinguished the flames that had engulfed his kitchen, an inspection by police uncovered six marijuana crops he had set up in his house.
Mr Bowers now awaits a court appearance for cultivating cannabis.