A woman in India is believed to have been burned alive on a funeral pyre after doctors accidentally pronounced her dead.
The 24-year-old, named as Rachna Sisodia, was said to have died of a lung infection at Sharda Hospital in India's northern Uttar Pradesh state, the Daily Mail reported.
Her husband and friends drove her to a funeral pyre two hours away and began to cremate her, but then somebody dragged her off the pyre, believing she was still alive.
Ms Sisodia did not survive the burning, and a senior police superintendent told local media two doctors had determined she died from "shock caused by being burnt alive".
He said a post-mortem showed charred particles in her windpipe and lungs, which could only have gotten there if she had been breathing at the time the fire was lit.
Sharda Hospital maintains Ms Sisodia did die at their hospital before her body was taken away.