A Delta Airlines pilot has avoided punishment after being caught on camera hitting a passenger.
The video, uploaded by gossip site TMZ, begins with two women getting into an altercation after getting off a flight to Atlanta, Georgia, on April 21.
The pilot intervenes, and appears to slap one of the women.
"We became aware of this incident and a video last week and immediately removed the pilot from duty while we completed a thorough investigation," Delta said in a statement.
"Local law enforcement was called to respond at the time of the incident. The pilot has since been returned to work as our investigation found that his actions deescalated an altercation between passengers on the jetway floor during deplaning."
TMZ reported neither of the women are pressing charges. Police arrived soon after all involved had left the scene.
The incident is the latest in a series that's marred the US aviation industry.
- Woman booted off flight for refusing to sit near cat
- Cancer sufferer tied to seat by British Airways crew
- Mystery death of giant rabbit on United Airlines flight
- American Airlines staffer challenges passenger to fight
- United passenger stung by scorpion
- 'Everything was injured' - United Airlines passenger