Two women in the Czech Republic have died in a sauna after its door handle broke and trapped them inside.
"The mother and daughter, aged 65 and 45, were taking a sauna at their friends' place in a garden colony," police spokeswoman Iva Kormosova said in a statement.
The women had been in the sauna for around 90 minutes on Saturday (Sunday NZ time).
"The owner thought they were taking too long to come out so she went to check and found them lying on the floor."
Emergency services were called, and they declared the two dead at the scene, the Guardian reports.
"The handle on the sauna door broke and the women were trapped. They tried to break the window on the door but failed," Ms Kormosova said.
The tragic accident happened on Saturday near Jicin, a town northeast of the capital Prague.