Chinese YouTuber accidently poisons herself in livestream

Chinese YouTuber accidently poisons herself in livestream
Photo credit: Asiawire

A Chinese vlogger has had to have her stomach pumped after eating a poisonous plant on camera.

The YouTuber known as Zhang, 26, livestreamed a video of her "aloe vera feast" online.

What she believed to be a leaf from an aloe vera plant was actually a poisonous desert plant called agave americana, commonly found in the United States.

According to 7 News, Zhang described the plant's taste as "great" before realising the flavour changed to something a little more bitter.

The plant's sap contains calcium oxalate crystals, acrid oils and saponin, which can harm a human who consumes it.

Zhang ended the livestream after the plant began to affect her, saying her "throat was on fire".

She then took herself to hospital, where she had to have her stomach pumped. She is now recovering in hospital.

Newshub.