Heartbreaking video of daughter's fatal reaction to party drug

The heartbroken family of a young English woman who died after taking what she thought was ecstasy have released a video revealing her tragic story - and horrific death.

Twenty-year-old Amy Vigus died in the Colchester General Hospital's intensive care unit after suffering a fatal reaction to a party drug.

Ms Vigus went to London, but "in a moment of madness" took the drug she thought was MDMA before returning home. But her body rejected the substance, leading to convulsions and finally a coma.

"This led to her being violently sick and fitting multiple times," the voiceover says.

"Our Amy managed to make it home where she collapsed one more time. Her parents were left with no option but to perform CPR on their own daughter in their own home."

"Amy was taken to Colchester General Hospital and immediately escorted to resuscitation.

"She was taken to the intensive care unit. She was very very unwell.

"Our Amy fell into a coma. She lay there, hair in, eyelashes, glitter in her hair but no smile on her face.

"She lay there motionless and seemingly peaceful. The corridors of Colchester General Hospital echoed with the cries and screams of her family members".

Her family have a final message for anyone else thinking about taking illegal drugs.

"The next time you're in that moment please stop and think about our Amy and the consequences of her mistake on herself and her family she has left behind."

Newshub.