Marilou Danley, the partner of Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock, says she was completely unaware of his plans to inflict death on a crowd of country music festival-goers.
On Sunday night (local time), 64-year-old Paddock rained bullets on the Route 91 Harvest Festival on the Las Vegas Strip, killing 59 people and injuring more than 500.
- Kirstie Alley: Las Vegas shooting caused by 'psychiatric drugs'
- Las Vegas gunman wired $140k to Philippines before shooting spree
- Police release terrifying bodycam footage of Las Vegas shooting
In a statement read by her lawyer, Ms Danley explained that she didn't know Paddock was planning a mass shooting.
"It never occurred to me in any way whatsoever that he was planning violence against anyone," the 62-year-old said.
"I will cooperate fully with their investigation. Anything I can do to help ease suffering and help in any way, I will do. Please respect my privacy and my family's privacy."
Ms Danley said Paddock had bought her a plane ticket to her home country of the Philippines, later wiring her US$100,000 ($140,000) so she could buy a house there.
The comments come as Ms Danley arrived in the US following a flight from the Philippines, where she was met at LAX and immediately taken to speak to the FBI.
In her full statement, Ms Danley said she had been left "devastated by the deaths and injuries that have occurred".
"My prayers go out to the victims and their families and all those who have been hurt by these awful events," she said.
"I have faith in God and I will continue to pray for everyone who has been harmed or hurt. I am a mother and a grandmother and my heart breaks for all who have lost loved ones."
On Wednesday, Ms Danley's sisters told 7 News Australia that they believe Paddock "sent her away" to spare her life.