Fox News contributor Geraldo Rivera has apologised to entertainer Bette Midler after recently resurfaced sexual harassment allegations.
Midler took to Twitter on Thursday to request an apology from Mr Rivera after a video was brought to light of Midler telling interviewer Barbara Walters in 1991 that Rivera and his producer groped and drugged her in a bathroom in the early 1970s.
"Although I recall the time Bette Midler has alluded to much differently than she, that does not change the fact that she has a right to speak out & demand an apology from me, for in the very least, publicly embarrassing her all those years ago," Mr Rivera wrote on Twitter. "Bette, I apologise."
Mr Rivera also apologised for his "tawdry" 1991 autobiography's depiction of "consensual events in 1973".
"I've deeply regretted its distasteful & disrespectful tone and have refrained from speaking about it - I'm embarrassed & profoundly sorry to those mentioned - I have and again apologise to anyone offended," he said.
In the 26-year-old interview, Midler told Walters, "I did not offer myself up on the altar of Geraldo Rivera. He was unseemly. His behaviour was unseemly."
"If I had known 20 years later he was going to end up a slimy talk show host, I never would have even let him in the room. I mean, you have no way of knowing that these things are going to come back to haunt you."
Mr Rivera had earlier tweeted sexual harassment claims should be made within five years, and some alleged victims are "motivated by more than justice" - and are just looking for money.
"Shouldn't be used to get even w bad bosses or hated ex's," he wrote.
Reuters / Newshub.