• View Shows
  • Catch up on

° °

Anti-royalist tells court Prince Charles 'tricked' him

Tuesday 13 Nov 2012 10:58 a.m.

By 3 News online staff

An elderly anti-royalist has pleaded not guilty to a charge of preparing to commit assault against Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Sam Bracanov, 76, was hard of hearing during his brief appearance in the Auckland District Court this morning and said his “job is done”, but he will be back.

Many in the court were puzzled by Bracanov’s curious comment that he had been “tricked” by Prince Charles – because last time, Prince William came.

Bracanov was arrested in downtown Auckland yesterday shortly before the royal couple were due to make a public appearance. There had been some suggestion he was holding something at the time and Bracanov told the court it was a bucket of manure that he had paid $2 for.

He was recognised by police in the crowd and charged with preparing to commit a crime.

Bracanov was ordered to stay 500m away from Prince Charles and Camilla and released on bail.

3 News

Others Are Watching

comments powered by Disqus

Trending