Fire in central Auckland restaurant

  • 14/03/2014

Firefighters are fighting a fire in a restaurant in Hobson St in central Auckland.

Emergency services were alerted about 4.10pm this afternoon, Fire Service northern communications shift manager Paul Radden said.

3 News iWitness Kieran Madden was at the scene and captured the smoke on video.

The restaurant is on the ground floor of a 12-storey apartment building.

"We currently have 16 appliances on the scene and they are containing the fire to the kitchen area," Mr Radden said.

Mr Radden said initial reports of an explosion were not correct.

NZN

source: newshub archive