Second Shalvin Prasad murder accused named
Name suppression has been lifted for the second of two men charged with murdering 21-year-old Shalvin Prasad.
Lawyers for Bryne Permal, 20, this morning argued in the High Court against lifting name suppression. However their appeal failed.
Image suppression remains in place for Permal and his 18-year-old co-accused Shivneel Shahil Kumar.
The pair were jointly charged with Mr Prasad’s murder after his burnt body was discovered by a member of the public in the south Auckland suburb of Kingseat last month.
Mr Prasad's brother, Pravin Prasad, said his brother's death had torn the family apart.
"It's just so surreal," he said. "Sometimes I think he'll come home after work, but I now realise he won't."
Mr Prasad withdrew tens of thousands of dollars before he disappeared on January 30. His body was discovered on fire at 6:30am on January 31 by a member of the public, about 5m back from McRobbie Road.
source: newshub archive