Emirates Team NZ are happy to wait for the chance to retain the America's Cup, after Tuesday's abandoned second race against Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli.
Team NZ took a thrilling race nine to move to a 6-3 scoreline, but were frustrated by a change of wind that wiped away any chance of deciding the fate of the 'Auld Mug' sooner rather than later.
Instead, Team NZ will have to wait until Wednesday at the earliest to lock the 'Auld Mug' away for another four years.
Team NZ's Andy Maloney has told Newshub the Kiwi crew will happily wait for their chance to lift the trophy again.
"The conditions were quite nice still, but unfortunately, the wind had shifted a little too far left," Maloney says. "They couldn't get the course re-jigged in time.
"Tonight's just another night for us. [We'll] go through the same processes and come out tomorrow with the same mindset.
"It was another great race against those guys. They're great competitors and they're sailing really well.
"To pip them on that final upwind was a really good feeling."
Maloney also says the prospect of hitting the water in front of Kiwi fans is another reason to look on the bright side over the frustrating delay.
"It's unreal. That's one of the silver linings to get to go back out there tomorrow - to see all of the fans on shore and get that send-off from the dock is just amazing."
Commentator Ken Read insists race nine was easily the best and most competitive so far during the regatta.
"Today was maybe predictably insane, it was a better race," Read tells Newshub. "It was a race that we all thought we were going to see more of."
Join us at 4:15pm Wednesday for live updates of the America's Cup between Team NZ and Luna Rossa