Emirates Team New Zealand and Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli can expect moderate winds in races three and four, when the America's Cup returns to the water on Friday afternoon.
MetService forecasts that winds will reach speeds of between 11 and 13km/h, with racing scheduled to begin at 4:15pm.
The lighter winds would give Luna Rossa a slight edge over the Kiwis, with Team NZ having struggled in similar conditions in the Christmas Cup regatta late last year.
But Kiwi helmsman Peter Burling says he's confident in the preparation Team NZ have had over the last few months, using their time off the water to get themselves up to speed.
"We've been making some pretty big strides forwards in the last few months, especially our light air sailing, which was probably our biggest weakness in the Christmas Cup," Burling said on Tuesday.
"I really feel like it's the area that we've improved the most in the last couple of months. It's been a pretty good period of development for us as a team.
"We obviously learned a lot during the Christmas Cup, but we've also learned a lot watching the challenger series unfold. We've been putting a lot of those learning into practice, racing our chase boat.
"It's not quite like racing a real boat, [Luna Rossa] probably has the jump on us there slightly, but we feel like we're as ready as we can be."
In good news for spectators, no rain is forecast for this afternoon's racing, with all eyes now eagerly locked on the announcement of which course will be used.
Wednesday's racing was held on Course E, between Maraetai and Waiheke Island, meaning Friday's races could take place on Course A, off the coast of Castor Bay and Campbells Bay.
Courses B, positioned between the Rangitoto Channel, and C, between North Head and Bastion Point, could also be used, although that would be dependent on whether or not Auckland moves to COVID-19 Alert Level 1.
Join Newshub for live updates of the America’s Cup between Team NZ and Luna Rossa from 4:15pm.