Mai FM host Lily Taurau says Duco Events is trying to find her a new opponent after Bachelor NZ finalist Naz Khanjani pulled out due to illness.
In a video posted to the Mai FM website, Ms Taurau said she didn't want her training to go to waste.
"They've [Duco] said that they're going to try and find me someone to fight," Lily said.
Ms Khanjani posted a Facebook status from hospital Wednesday night, telling of her disappointment at not being able to step into the ring on Thursday night.
"It wasn't my call. Duco have put my health & safety first which I completely understand & appreciate," Ms Khanjani wrote.
"I'm grateful & still thankful because things could be a lot worse than they are. X"
Ms Khanjani was set to take on Ms Taurau as the undercard of Joseph Parker's heavyweight bout with Solomon Haumono. The two women had been training for weeks.
Duco Events spokesperson Craig Stanaway said at a press conference that the organisers had been at the hospital with Khanjani on Wednesday morning seeking the advice of medical professionals.
"It is [Duco Event's] decision based on doctor's advice that Naz is not healthy enough to step into the ring tomorrow night," says Mr Stanaway.
"It is a decision by Duco, she wants to fight. She absolutely wants to fight."
In an interview with Story that aired on Tuesday night, Khanjani walked out. Saying: "I don't like how this interview went," as she left the room.
She later returned and told interviewer Heather du Plessis-Allan she has battling a health issue.
"I've been quiet stressed this week. I was in the hospital last night until like 2- in-the-morning because I'm not well," Khanjani said.
"It's just too much for me."
"I haven't been feeling the best for about a week and a half now and yesterday it just got to the point where I couldn't even walk, I was in that much pain."