Singer-songwriter Bob Dylan has confirmed he will not be travelling to Sweden next month to accept his Nobel Prize.
Dylan, 75, was controversially awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature earlier this year.
The Swedish Academy, which awards the Nobel Prize each year, says it has received "a personal letter" from Dylan, who stated he would not be able to attend the December ceremony in Stockholm "due to pre-existing commitments".
According to the Academy, Dylan feels "very honoured" to have received the award, and is disappointed he cannot accept in person.
In a statement, the Academy said the prize still belongs to Dylan, who is not the first recipient to not attend the ceremony.
"We look forward to Bob Dylan's Nobel lecture, which he must give - it is the only requirement - within six months counting from December 10, 2016," the Academy added.
Newshub.