Actor Mark Salling, whose career was left in tatters after he pleaded guilty to child porn charges, has died in an apparent suicide, according to TMZ.
The Glee star's body was reportedly discovered lifeless on a sports field by a creek in the Los Angeles suburb of Sunland, where he lived.
Salling was awaiting sentencing following a guilty plea in October 2017 to two counts of child pornography, after his computer was found to have more than 50,000 images of prebuscent children and child erotica.
- Glee star Mark Salling arrested for child porn
- Glee star Mark Salling pleads guilty to child pornography charges
He was reportedly likely to face up to seven years in jail, followed by 20 years of supervised release.
Salling was ordered to pay US$50,000 to each affected child featured in the photos, and also agreed not to have any communication with any person under the age of 18 unless their legal guardian is present.
The 35-year-old was also ordered to stay away from venues frequented by children such as schools and video arcade facilities.
Salling had made his name on musical TV series Glee, playing football player Noah 'Puck' Puckerman on the six-season Fox show.
He is the second member of the show's original cast to have died, following an accidental drug overdose that claimed the life of Cory Monteith in 2013.
Where to find help and support in New Zealand:
· Need to Talk? - Call or text 1737
· Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
· Youthline - 0800 376 633, text 234, email email@example.com or online chat
· Samaritans - 0800 726 666
· Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757
· Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)