UB40 featuring Ali, Astro & Mickey are returning to New Zealand for a 40th anniversary tour in early 2019.
The 'Red Red Wine' hitmakers will perform in Christchurch, Tauranga, Nelson, Napier and Waitangi as part of the tour.
It had already been announced that the band would be on the line-up of Tauranga's One Love Festival, but now they've been added to Napier's Church Road Winery and Reggae By The River in Waitangi, Bay of Islands.
UB40 originally formed in Birmingham, England in 1978; but didn't perform live together until 1979, when they played a show at the Hare & Hounds pub in Kings Heath on February 9.
The reggae pop band's upcoming Waitangi Day performance in Christchurch will take place three days before the 40th anniversary of their debut gig.
UB40's 2019 NZ tour dates are as follows:
- January 25 - Church Road, Napier
- January 26 - Reggae By The River, Waitangi, Bay Of Islands
- January 29 - The National Auditorium, Rarotonga
- February 5 - Trafalgar Park, Nelson
- February 6 (Waitangi Day) - Hagley Park, Christchurch
Tickets go on sale to the general public on July 12.