Jay-Jay Feeney has thanked her supporters after three days in court testifying at the trial of an Auckland taxi driver accused of indecently assaulting her.
- Jay-Jay reveals how she's starting over in Christchurch
- Jay-Jay Harvey off-air following alleged sexual assault
The More FM radio host posted an update to her Facebook page, after the court proceedings concluded with a hung jury.
Baljeet Singh, the accused, will go to trial a second time after the jury was unable to settle on a majority verdict.
"I've had so much support from you regarding the taxi trial, which resulted in a hung Jury," Feeney wrote.
"I just want you to know, I appreciate the love. It has been a tough three days, but I'm doing OK."
Feeney's ex-husband, Dom Harvey, also spoke out about incident and subsequent trial. On his The Edge show on Friday morning, he said Feeney wouldn't be commenting further, on the advice of crown lawyers and police.
"Given the outcome, and given what Jay-Jay went through... I don't know if she'd go through this again," he continued.
Harvey told listeners of The Edge Breakfast show that Feeney "knows what to expect now - the fear of the unknown is removed".
He also made special mention of the victim support team and the police, calling them "amazing".
Harvey's co-host Megan Annear - who has also spoken out about being sexually assaulted - expressed her disappointment with the result.
"It's horrible to see Jay go through this, and see that the jury is hung, because that's everyone's worst nightmare," she said.
Harvey concluded by saying he had told his ex-wife that she should be proud of pursuing the charge of indecent assault, despite the hardships of testifying at trial.
Feeney and Harvey were in a relationship for 18 years - much of it spent together as co-hosts on The Edge - before separating last year.