Nas responds to ex-wife Kelis, four months after domestic abuse allegations

Kelis and Nas perform at the Boost Mobile RockCorps concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York September 23, 2006 Photo credit: Reuters

Rapper Nas has finally responded to domestic abuse allegations, four months after Kelis went public with them.

The US East Coast rapper penned a lengthy, seven-part Instagram post on Friday (local time) as a response to Kelis' allegations she made in April this year.

The singer alleged that during their four-year marriage Nas hit her and, while she hit back, she never started the altercations.

She told The Hollywood Unlocked that during their marriage there was a lot of mental and physical abuse and compared their relationship to Rihanna and Chris Brown's.

The allegations came just a month before Nas released his first album in four years, Nasir, produced by Kanye West.

Nas has completely denied any allegations, saying, "I do not beat women. I did not beat up my ex-wife.

"Everything with her is a plot and a scheme. Has no merit. No foundation."

The couple had one child together, eight-year-old Knight. Earlier this year, they battled in court for a settlement, which resulted in joint custody.

Nas alleges that she also used the Me Too movement as a platform to push her agenda.

"You're taking advantage of a moment in time where women who are fighting for their lives to get justice and be treated fairly & you just looked at it as an opportunity to get ahead," he says.

Kelis has not yet responded.

Lauryn Hill has announced the rapper as her support for her Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 20th anniversary show in Auckland next February. The duo collaborated on the song 'If I Ruled the World' from Nas's iconic hip-hop album, It Was Written.

You can read the entire seven-part post here.

Newshub. 

Contact Newshub with your story tips:
news@newshub.co.nz