Several of the stars from season five of Married At First Sight Australia have publicly slammed the show, making claims of screaming producers, scripted drama and deliberate mismatching.
Earlier this month, all of the 2018 cast were blocked from the show's official Instagram account, prompting many of them to threaten to "expose" the reality TV hit ahead of its 2019 season - which will screen in New Zealand on Three.
- MAFS Australia cheaters Dean and Davina dramatically split
- MAFS Australia's most awkward date of all time
Nasser Sultan told OK! Magazine that many of the contentious moments that aired on television were "totally created by the producers".
During an infamous boy's night where contestant Dean Wells suggested the men "swap partners", Sultan said the producers "came in and screamed at us that we were all being 'too boring'".
"We barely spent any time with the experts anyway, but I think couples are deliberately mismatched for the drama," he added.
Tracey Jewel, who struggled publicly with her mental health as a result of online bullying, also called out the show for being "100 percent manipulated".
According to the Daily Mail, she alleged that contestants had been made to sit in a "tent" before each explosive dinner party for hours on end with "emotions bubbling".
Channel Nine, the network behind Married At First Sight Australia, has not yet publicly addressed the claims.
The new season premieres on Three on Sunday, February 3.