Kevin Spacey appeared in a Massachusetts court on Tuesday after being accused of indecently assaulting a teenage busboy in a Nantucket Island bar.
A plea of not guilty to the charges of indecent assault and battery was made on the actor's behalf with a further hearing set down for March 4, reports CNN.
- 'You want me back' - Kevin Spacey posts cryptic Christmas message
- Robin Wright says Kevin Spacey deserves a second chance
- Second Kevin Spacey sexual assault allegation surfaces
The actor is accused of assaulting the 18-year-old son of Boston WCVB-TV news anchor Heather Unruh at a bar in July 2016.
Judge Thomas Barrett ordered him to not have any contact with his accuser, to which he nodded.
He will not have to attend the March hearing, but must be reachable by phone.
His lawyers had previously asked for Spacey to not have to appear in person at Tuesday's hearing as it would "amplify the negative publicity already generated". That request was denied by the judge.
Spacey faced a massive media scrum outside the court, with his appearance his first in public in more than a year. However, he did not answer any questions from reporters.
On Christmas Day (NZ Time), Spacey broke his silence in a House of Cards themed social media video.
"We're not done, no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want. You want me back," Spacey said seemingly of his character Frank Underwood who was killed off in the final season of the Netflix series.
Allegations against the Oscar winner first surfaced in October 2017 after actor Anthony Rapp said Spacey assaulted him when he was 14.
Spacey apologised and came out as gay days after the accusation, but many other allegations of abuse have since been raised.