After an explosive season of cheating, verbal abuse and assault, a Married At First Sight Australia producer has vowed not to repeat this season's "absolute chaos".
Speaking to NT News on Saturday, the unnamed producer said the experiment's antics "will not be repeated next year".
"We've been told in no uncertain terms by those in charge next season cannot be a repeat of what you've seen this year," they told the publication.
Last month, the show's executive producer John Walsh revealed he wants "less cheating and drama" for MAFS when it returns in 2020.
- Married At First Sight AU villains hide in safe houses after threats - report
- Married At First Sight Australia cheaters Jess and Dan share not-so-secret kiss
- Married At First Sight Australia producers step in as Cyrell attacks Martha in wild rampage
"It would just be absolute chaos if it was all cheating and all drama," he told news.com.au
"While it's fun to watch and it's great promo, I don't think people will watch if that's all it is."
It seems Walsh is correct, as social media has flooded with complaints regarding some of the show's antics.
Among the most high-profile dramas on the 2019 series are four cases of contestants cheating on their spouses, physical fights, and one husband using the c-word to describe his wife.
A petition to boycott the show due to the cheating and abuse has reached more than 25,000 signatures.
The show has also received multiple media complaints through The Australian Communications and Media Authority, reports the Daily Mail.
In a statement, a spokesperson for the Authority said all complaints had been forwarded to the licensee for "consideration".