Love Island UK host Caroline Flack has announced she's leaving the show after she was arrested and charged with assaulting a man believed to be her boyfriend.
Authorities confirmed an incident occurred at Flack's London residence - which she shares with her partner Lewis Burton - at around 5.30am on December 12 (local time). Flack was charged with assault by beating, and both she and the man involved required medical attention.
In a statement posted to her Instagram Story, Flack did not go into detail about the allegations, but said "matters weren't as reported".
"There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations into my personal life," she wrote.
"While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to working with the authorities and I can't comment further on these matters until the legal process is over."
The Daily Mail printed photos of Flack's front door splattered with what appeared to be blood the morning of the incident. The tabloid reported the 40-year-old TV presenter had cut her hand on some glass during the confrontation.
Flack said she would be stepping down from Love Island UK in order "not to detract attention" from season six.
"Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it's the best show on telly," she said.
"I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town."
In a secondary statement that has since been removed, Flack adressed her partner Burton, writing: "I love you".
According to the BBC, Burton also took to social media earlier in the week, saying he was "tired of the lies and abuse" aimed at his girlfriend.
"This is not a witch hunt this is someone's life."
Flack will appear in court on bail on December 23.