Meghan Markle was not "barred" from Prince Harry's meeting with Queen Elizabeth, according to royal officials.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced last week they wished to step back from their royal roles and become financially independent.
On Tuesday, there were reports Meghan had been barred from conferencing in to a two-hour meeting between Prince Harry and his grandmother Queen Elizabeth.
Meghan is currently in Canada with the couple's son Archie, and reports claimed security concerns meant she was banned from the meeting.
On Wednesday, the Duchess of Sussex denied being banned.
"In the end, the Sussexes decided that it wasn't necessary for the Duchess to join," the couple's spokesperson told the Daily Mail.
In a statement after the meeting, Queen Elizabeth said her family would have preferred for the couple to remain full time members of the royal family but they "respect and understand" the need for independence.
She has agreed to a "period of transition" and says she wishes for the details to be finalised in the coming days.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex plan to split their time between England and North America, and will no longer participate in the media pooling system used by other senior members of the royal family. The couple announced that as part of their separation they would not continue within the Royal Rota, which allows British press access to royal engagements and to distribute royal content amongst themselves.
Instead they will work with grassroots media organisations and "young up-and-coming journalists".