Royal renegades Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will officially step back from the British royal family on March 31, Buckingham Palace has announced.
According to British media, the palace says from April 1, Harry and Meghan will no longer have an office at Buckingham Palace but will be represented through their upcoming United Kingdom charity foundation, Sussex Royal.
Following the drama of Megxit in January, when the royal family was stunned by the pair's announcement they wanted to become independent, it was decided as part of the new arrangement Harry would give up his multitude of military titles. That includes being Honorary Air Commandant Royal Air Force Honington and Commodore-in-Chief of Small Ships and Divings. Princess Anne will also replace him as captain-general of the Royal Marines.
However, Harry will retain the ranks of Major, Lieutenant, Commander and Squadron Leader.
These honorary positions will not be used, however, during the 12-month trial period which has been put in place to test the pair's new independence.
On Wednesday, it was reported Harry and Meghan would no longer be able to use their Sussex Royal brand, which currently features across their social media and website. They have also launched applications looking to trademark the brand across goods and services.
ITV royal editor Chris Ship reports however that use of the word "royal" is still being reviewed. Any changes will be announced when their charity launches.
One of Harry and Meghan's desires was to split their time between the United Kingdom and North America. The pair fled to Canada and the United States following the Megxit scandal but will return for engagements at the end of February. Meghan will attend events on International Women's Day on March 8.
It's also now said they will be in the United Kingdom "regularly", including at the London Marathon in April and the Invictus Games in May.
Following crisis talks at Sandringham Estate in January, Queen Elizabeth said while she wanted the pair to stay full-time royals, she understood their desire to live an independent life.
"My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan's desire to create a new life as a young family.
"Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working members of the royal family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family."
It has been reported Meghan has signed a deal with Disney and is also in talks with multiple fashion houses, potentially signalling how the pair will support themselves.
Earlier this month, the pair spoke at a Florida JP Morgan event. They are understood to have raked in hundreds of thousands of dollars, but they have refused to confirm or deny this.