Royal renegades Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly declined an invitation to scandal-ridden Prince Andrew's 60th birthday bash.
According to United Kingdom-based broadcaster Neil Sean, Prince Harry and Meghan - who fled to North America in January after unleashing chaos for the royal family with their decision to step back from the monarchy - have snubbed Prince Andrew, the son of Queen Elizabeth.
"A mole [told] me 'it's an open secret they declined the invite but it's not very nice for the Queen as, whatever people say and think, he is [still] her son and she wanted her close family around her,'" Sean told Fox News.
"The reason given is that they already have commitments on the day but also plan to send a gift/card and a video message to be played at the party."
It comes after Prince Andrew become embroiled in drama last year due to his connection to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Epstein - who died by suicide in prison while awaiting court for other allegations - allegedly trafficked young women, one of whom claims Prince Andrew had sex with her. She was 17 when the alleged event happened.
Following a disastrous interview about the allegations, Prince Andrew stepped down from full-time royal duties and has largely stayed in the shadows since. On Saturday, his links to fashion mogul Peter Nygard, who is facing claims of rape and sexual trafficking, reemerged.
The birthday - on February 19 - was meant to be a lavish event that also honoured charities the prince worked with. However, Sean says after all the drama it is now only going to be a small dinner.
Since the now infamous interview, more than 20 charities cut ties with Prince Andrew. The royal has admitted his association with Epstein was a "major disruption" to the work of the royal family.
Harry and Meghan are currently on thin ice with their family as it is. In January, the pair announced their intention to step back from royal duties and become financially independent. They also wanted to split their time between the United Kingdom and North America, where they have been residing for the last month.
On Friday, it was reported that the pair had axed their staff in the UK, in a near-sure sign the couple and son Archie won't be returning to Harry's homeland permanently anytime soon.