Sir Elton John kicked off the New Zealand leg of his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour in Dunedin on Tuesday night to a packed crowd at Forsyth Barr Stadium.
It was show number 168 of the music legend's last live music hurrah, which he opened with one of his biggest hits, 'Benny and the Jets'.
It was one of 25 songs the 72-year-old belted out in under three hours, including the classics 'Candle In The Wind', 'Rocket Man' and 'Tiny Dancer'.
Elton first visited Aotearoa in 1971, playing Auckland's Western Springs Stadium. SInce then, he's brought at least 12 more tours to Kiwi audiences.
The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour will stop in Napier for a sold out show at Mission Estate Winery on the weekend, before three shows at Auckland's Mount Smart Stadium.
Elton John's Dunedin 2020 concert setlist was as follows:
- 'Bennie and the Jets'
- 'All the Girls Love Alice'
- 'I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues'
- 'Border Song'
- 'Tiny Dancer'
- 'Philadelphia Freedom'
- 'Indian Sunset'
- 'Rocket Man'
- 'Take Me to the Pilot'
- 'Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word'
- 'Someone Saved My Life Tonight'
- 'Candle in the Wind'
- 'Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding'
- 'Burn Down the Mission'
- 'I Want Love'
- 'Sad Songs (Say So Much)'
- 'Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me'
- 'The Bitch Is Back'
- 'I'm Still Standing'
- 'Crocodile Rock'
- 'Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting'
- 'Your Song'
- 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'