Upcoming Three show Dancing With The Stars NZ will not be broadcast in April as planned due to the COVID-19 pandemic, MediaWorks has announced.
"Due to the Government’s current restrictions in regards to the closure of non-essential services and the move to Alert Level Four, MediaWorks has taken the unfortunate but necessary step to close production on all our local entertainment shows," the broadcaster said in a statement on Thursday.
"This means that Dancing with the Stars NZ will not be airing in April as scheduled and production on The Block NZ is currently on hold. We will be reviewing all of our local content and our capacity to return to full production as soon as it is safe to do so."
However, MediaWorks - which owns Newshub - will continue broadcasting its televised news bulletins during the lockdown and the company's radio on-air teams will also operate as usual, with the addition of extended Magic Talk shows.
"During this unprecedented time, it is crucial that all New Zealanders have access to the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19," said MediaWorks.
"All Newshub bulletins will continue to run on Three and ThreeNow as normal including: The AM Show, Newshub Live at 4.30PM, Newshub Live at 6PM, Newshub Late, The Project and Newshub Nation.
"Breaking news specials will also air on Three and ThreeNow as required."
The broadcaster's announcement follows production house South Pacific Pictures earlier this week closing all of its productions, including the filming of Westside, Mean Mums, Shortland Street and Educators.
"It is our priority to follow the practices and procedures set out by the Ministry of Health to ensure the safety of everyone involved," said South Pacific Pictures CEO Kelly Martin.
"We will continue to evaluate the situation over the coming days and hope to resume the production of all of our shows as soon as it is deemed safe."