Kiwi TV personality Hayley Holt's baby has tragically died while in isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic, TVNZ has announced.
"We have some very sad news that we're sharing on behalf of Hayley," the official TVNZ Breakfast account tweeted.
"While Hayley was in isolation to stay safe from COVID-19 during her pregnancy, her baby passed away. As we're sure you can understand, this is difficult news to share and we're asking you to assist us in respecting Hayley's privacy both while she's at home and when she returns to Breakfast.
"You've been part of this journey and we know you'll join all of us in the Breakfast family and the wider TVNZ team, in sending Hayley all your love and support."
The Breakfast host shared the news that she was expecting in January on live TV and had been due to give birth to her son in July.
Sympathy messages are flooding in as replies.
"Oh no that's the worst news. Aroha nui Hayley, I'm so so sorry for your loss," tweeted Dr Tara McAllister.
Where to find help and support:
- Baby Loss NZ
- SANDS NZ
- Shine (domestic violence) - 0508 744 633
- Women's Refuge - 0800 733 843 (0800 REFUGE)
- Need to Talk? - Call or text 1737
- What's Up - 0800 WHATS UP (0800 942 8787)
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
- Youthline - 0800 376 633, text 234, email firstname.lastname@example.org or online chat
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757
- Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- Shakti Community Council - 0800 742 584