Gameplay videos have revealed the first look at what can be expected from the next-generation gaming consoles set to be released later this year.
Microsoft gave in-game looks at the Xbox Series X versions of 13 upcoming titles, some of which will also be released on its principal rival, Sony's PlayStation 5.
Each of the games will be released "in the launch window" of the console, which is expected to be in November or December.
The 13 titles are all being promoted as "Xbox Series X Optimized", which Microsoft says means "they are built to take advantage of [features] including 4K resolution at up to 120 frames-per-second and hardware-accelerated DirectX raytracing."
While there have been plenty of positive reactons to the videos on social media, many people expressed frustration at the lack of actual gameplay showcased.
The following YouTube links have 4K versions of the each of the trailers.
Xbox Series X gameplay was shown off from the following titles:
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla - a Viking spin on the hit action-adventure franchise, from Ubisoft
- Bright Memory Infinite - futuristic first-person shooter, from Playism
- Call of the Sea - first-person adventure puzzle game set on a fictional South Pacific island, from Raw Fury
- Chorus - a single-player space combat shooter that promises a 'mature and dark tale of redemption', from Deep Silver
- DiRT 5 - car racing game - the 13th in the Colin McRae Rally series, from Codemasters
- Madden NFL 21 - latest iteration of a long-running American football franchise, from Electronic Arts
- Scarlet Nexus - Japanese action game that puts players in control of an aspiring 'elite psionic', from Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Scorn - first-person horror adventure game, from Ebb
- Second Extinction - co-op shooter pitting three players against mutated dinosaurs, from Systemic Reaction
- The Ascent - solo or co-op role-playing action game set in a cyberpunk world, from Neon Giant / Curve Digital
- The Medium - psychological horror that puts players in the role of a supernatural 'medium', from Bloober Team
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - sequel to a cult 2004 role-playing game, from Paradox Interactive
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon - role-playing action game set in the criminal underworld of modern Japan, from SEGA
Both the Series X and PlayStation 5 are set to be released in late 2020.