Lisa Marie Presley has been left "beyond devastated and inconsolable" after her 27-year-old son Benjamin Keough's suspected suicide.
According to TMZ, authorities discovered the grandson of Elvis Presley dead in California on Sunday (local time).
"She is completely heartbroken, inconsolable and beyond devastated but trying to stay strong for her 11-year-old twins and her oldest daughter Riley," a statement from a representative of Lisa Marie read.
"She adored that boy. He was the love of her life."
Many said Benjamin bore a striking resemblance to his grandfather, the late 'King', including his mother, who previously commented on the similarities.
"Ben does look so much like Elvis. He was at the Opry and was the quiet storm behind the stage," she said in an interview in 2012.
"Everybody turned around and looked when he was over there. Everybody was grabbing him for a photo because it is just uncanny. Sometimes I am overwhelmed when I look at him."
Per The Hollywood Reporter Benjamin signed a US$5 million record deal with Universal music in 2009, however no albums were ever released. At the time, Benjamin insisted the music would be "nothing like Elvis".
Benjamin is survived by his mother, his siblings - including actress Riley Keough - and his father, musician Danny Keough.
Where to find help and support:
- Shine (domestic violence) - 0508 744 633
- Women's Refuge - 0800 733 843 (0800 REFUGE)
- Need to Talk? - Call or text 1737
- What's Up - 0800 WHATS UP (0800 942 8787)
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
- Youthline - 0800 376 633, text 234, email email@example.com or online chat
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757
- Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- Shakti Community Council - 0800 742 584