Harry Styles has announced he is indefinitely postponing his 2020 tour dates in New Zealand and Australia due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kiwi fans had been hanging out for news about the former One Direction star's upcoming show at Auckland's Spark Arena, scheduled for November 23.
"Everyone's health and safety remains our top priority, which is why I unfortunately have to postpone all 2020 shows in South America, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand until further notice," Styles wrote on his Twitter on Wednesday (NZ time).
The 'Watermelon Sugar' hitmaker said he "really hoped" to play the shows next year, but said he would "continue to monitor the situation over the coming weeks and months".
"I can't wait to see you all on the road as soon as it's safe to do so," he concluded.
With Aotearoa's borders still mostly closed to non-residents in a bid to keep coronavirus out, Styles' fans had been anticipated a reschedule, but were becoming impatient - particularly when Ticketek Australia tweeted that the NZ and Australian shows were "going ahead as planned" over the weekend.
After a backlash from uncertain ticket holders, Ticketek AU tweeted an update two days later, claiming it was "urgently seeking clarification from the promoter [Live Nation]".
At the time of writing, Ticketmaster NZ - which is managing the New Zealand ticket sales - had not made an announcement, and tickets remained available for purchase.