The Simpsons has used the terrifying nature of the 2020 US presidential election as fodder for its annual 'Treehouse of Horror' episode, listing 50 horrifying things Donald Trump has done in his four years in power.
In a teaser clip from the 31st Halloween-themed episode of the iconic cartoon, Homer Simpson ponders who to vote for in a polling station, before being prompted to remember what's happened since 2016 by his always-politically-engaged daughter Lisa.
Trump is not name-checked at any stage, but a scrolling list recounts what producers of The Simpsons suggest are the current US president's worst actions.
The full on-screen text is as follows, via Variety:
- Made it OK to shoot hibernating bears
- Put children in cages
- Called Mexicans rapists
- Imitated disabled reporter
- Looks lousy in a tennis outfit
- Can't get wife to hold hand
- Called third world countries shitholes
- Called Tim Cook ‘Tim Apple’
- Said Jewish people who vote Democrat are disloyal
- Showed top-secret documents at Mar-A-Lago restaurant
- Called white supremacists "fine people"
- Leaked classified information to Russian ambassador
- Asked the president of Ukraine to investigate the Bidens
- Called for China to investigate the Bidens
- Walked into the dressing room at Miss Teen USA pageant
- Pressed the Australian prime minister to help Barr investigate Mueller
- Talked about grabbing p***y
- Lied about the size of his inauguration
- Refused to release tax returns
- Gutted the EPA
- Confiscated and destroyed interpreter's notes after meeting with Putin
- Tweeted classified photo of Iran missile site
- Called Baltimore a "disgusting, rat and rodent-infested mess"
- Described Meryl Streep as "over-rated"
- Leaked information to the press about the 2017 Manchester arena bombing
- Did not attend any White House correspondents' dinner
- Said Megyn Kelly had "blood coming out of her whatever"
- Called Carly Fiorina "horseface"
- Ruined impeachment
- Brought Ivanka to the G7 summit
- Corrupted Congress
- Appointed and didn't fire Betsy DeVos
- Put Jared in charge of Mideast
- Served McDonald's to Clemson football team
- Destroyed democracy
- Lost Hong Kong
- Threatened Marie Yovanovitch
- Pulled the US out of climate agreement
- Allowed bounties on soldiers
- Invaded Portland
- Withdrew from WHO
- Bragged about knowing the date
- Commuted sentences
- Said to swallow bleach
- Person, woman, man, camera, TV
- Destroyed post office
- Paid $750 in taxes
- Wants third term
- Wanted to be on Mount Rushmore
- And we haven’t even said the worst one
Homer mutters things like "yikes" and "that was bad... that was worse" while watching the list scroll past him before finally making his vote, which remains unseen. However, his final comment: "Who are you gonna make fun of now, late-night comics?" suggests he chose not to see Trump re-elected.
According to Variety, the 'Treehouse of Horror XXXI' episode also features parodies of Pixar, Spiderman, Toy Story and the Netflix hit series Russian Doll.