Prince Harry was denied permission to have a wreath laid on his behalf at a war memorial in London on Remembrance Day, according to a report by the Sunday Times.
Buckingham Palace allegedly shut down Harry's personal request on the grounds that he is no longer representing the monarch, having stepped down as a senior working member of the royal family along with his wife Meghan Markle earlier this year.
The Queen was reportedly not made aware of her grandson's wish.
The Sunday Times reports that the move by the palace - which was said to have left Harry "deeply saddened" - is the latest sign of the "growing gulf" between the Duke Of Sussex and the royal family.
Harry, who served in the army for 10 years, has previously marked Remembrance Day with visits to the Cenotaph and Westminster Abbey's Field of Remembrance.
The prince shared his feelings about the importance of the occasion on the military podcast Declassified, where he called Remembrance Day "a moment for respect and for hope".
"The act of remembering, of remembrance, is a profound act of honour," he said.
"It's how we preserve the legacies of entire generations and show our gratitude for the sacrifices they made in order for us to be able to live the lives we live today."