Māori singer/songwriter Teeks announced on The Project NZ that he's embarking on his first nationwide tour of Aotearoa in December.
The 'If Only' singer will be performing in Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington and Tauranga in under two weeks.
"I'm excited to be going on a nationwide tour for the first time. I haven't toured before, so I'm excited but equally terrified," Teeks told The Project.
In addition to the concerts in the cities, he'll also be performing in Hokianga - which is a place of special significance for Teeks.
"I come from Hokianga on my dad's side. I thought it'd be pretty special to go up home and I haven't played up north before, it's going to be my first time," Teeks said.
"The venue that I'm playing in is actually a church right next to my marae, so it's going to be pretty special and I'm looking forward to it."
On 'The Invitation Tour', Teeks will be backed by piano and a string quartet as he plays new music from his upcoming album, due for release in February.
Dates and venues are as follows:
- Thursday, December 3: The Piano, Christchurch
- Friday, December 4: St Mary's-in-Holy Trinity, Auckland
- Sunday, December 6: Old St Paul's, Wellington
- Tuesday, December 8: Baycourt Addison Theatre, Tauranga
- Saturday, December 12: St Luke's Church, Pakanae, Hokianga (matinee and evening show)