Lorde will tour her new album Solar Power in New Zealand and Australia next year, it has been announced.
The Grammy winner will play five shows across outdoor venues in Aotearoa in early 2022, and will then head across the ditch for four more gigs. Before her headline tour kicks off, Lorde will also perform as part of Christchurch festival Electric Avenue's line up on February 26.
Lorde's return to the stage has been five years in the making, following a long hiatus from touring and making music.
Her single 'Solar Power' dropped earlier this month, giving fans a taste of her forthcoming album of the same name - the release date of which remains a mystery.
The tour will begin on February 27 in Upper Moutere, near Nelson, before heading to Lower Hutt, Havelock, New Plymouth and Auckland.
Lorde will then perform in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth, with her Kiwi and Aussie shows making up a global tour that will see her make stops across Europe, The UK and North America.
The 24-year-old's choice of outdoor venues across New Zealand is fitting, considering her third studio album is, in her own words, "a celebration of the natural world".
"[It's] an attempt at immortalising the deep, transcendent feelings I have when I’m outdoors," she wrote in a newsletter to her fans.
"In times of heartache, grief, deep love or confusion, I look to the natural world for answers. I've learnt to breathe out, and tune in. This is what came through."
Tickets for the all-ages shows go on sale to the general public on Monday July 5. Ticket buyers will also be able to pre-order Solar Power at an exclusive special price.
Lorde Solar Power NZ Tour dates:
- Sunday, February 27 - Neudorf Vineyards, Upper Moutere
- Tuesday, March 1 - Days Bay, Lower Hutt NZ
- Wednesday, March 2 - Black Barn Vineyards, Havelock
- Friday, March 4 - TSB Bowl Of Brooklands, New Plymouth
- Saturday, March 5 - Outer Fields at Western Springs, Auckland
Lorde Solar Power Australian Tour dates:
- Thursday, March 10 - Riverstage, Brisbane
- Saturday, March 12 - Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
- Tuesday, March 15 - Aware Super Theatre, Sydney
- Saturday, March 19 - Belvoir Amphitheatre, Perth