The Royal Family is reportedly holding "crisis talks" after a US woman claimed she was trafficked to the UK to have sex with Prince Andrew, the Duke of York.
Andrew's brother, Prince Charles, is believed to be joining the Queen and Andrew at their Scottish residence for a crisis meeting after Virginia Giuffre accused the now 61-year-old of abusing her around 20 years ago, when she was under 18 years old.
On Tuesday, news broke that a civil complaint against Andrew had been filed in the US District Court in Manhattan, with Giuffree alleging the royal had sexually abused her on three occasions.
Britain's most senior police officer, Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick, says she will be keeping a close eye on any developments in the case.
"As a result of the new material I have asked my team to have another look at the material. No one is above the law," she said.
It marks the third review of the decision made by British police not to formally investigate Giuffre's allegations that she was trafficked for sex by the late financier Jeffrey Epstein and flown to the UK as a minor to have sex with the Duke of York.
"We are of course open to working with authorities overseas. We will give them absolute assistance if they ask for anything within the law obviously," Dick said.
The Duke has not responded to the lawsuit, but strenuously denied the allegations in a 2019 interview.
"I can absolutely, categorically tell you, it never happened," he said at the time.
Reports are also emerging that Andrew could be stripped of his military titles, and would miss the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations next June if the scandal has not been resolved.